Here you See Tomb of Saint-Rafqa... Our Lady of Lebanon... The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Mantara... The Shrine of Saint Elias... Wadi Qadisha... Shrine Saint Nimatullah & Saint Estephan Nehme... Shrine Saint Charbel... Temple Of Saints-Jezzine... Miracle of Qana ... Saint Nicholas Cathedral...

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Tomb of Saint Rafqa

The Tomb is located in the St. Joseph's Monastery, Jrabta, Batroun. Also there is a Museum with some of her belongs and photos.

Rafqa was born in Himlaya, one of the villages of Northern Metn (Lebanon), on June 19, 1833.
Saint Rafqa had a beautiful but very difficult life, facing always all problems with faith and patience. Her life is an example for all, Christians or Non-Christians. She was  Beatified on November 17, 1985 by Pope John Paul II.  

About her Sickness she said:

 "When I saw that I'm healthy and I never witnessed sickness in my whole life, I asked God: "God, why are You distant from me? Why are you leaving me alone? Why have You spared me any disease? Have You forgotten me, after I adored You?" When i slept, I felt terrible pain in my head, which spread above my eye until I became like this... blind and paralyzed".

In this Journey  we have been in many other Christians Sites, but this one was really very special, when I enter in the Chapel where her tomb is, even without knowing her biography I felt a great emotion that I could not explain,and there I was, a muslim crying in Saint Rafqa's Tomb.

After when I read her biography, I could finally understand why such emotion. Despite of religion, beautiful acts are lessons for the entire World.